News & Events
Serving the Diocese of St. Cloud, MN
Family & Children
Mental Health Services
Senior Health & Wellness
Caritas Mental Health Clinic
Position Opening : Community Support Program for Counseling for Mentally ill population
Community Support Program for Counseling for Mentally ill population
Catholic Charities Hope Community Support Program
157 Roosevelt Rd. Suite #300 St. Cloud, MN 56301
The Community Support Program is responsible for the provision of services to adults who have experienced long term mental health problems as defined by the Comprehensive Mental Health Act of 1987. These mental health problems of the clients have had a serious negative impact on their ability to function independently within the community.
The Hope CSP intern will have considerable contact with agency staff and regular contact with clients, other organizations and community agencies, by telephone, in person and in writing and therefore requires good written and verbal communication skills. This position will handle some responsibilities independently and will work with supervision on others. There will be exposure to a variety of programming in the area of Adult Mental Health and community resources within this population.
Responsibilities of the Hope CSP Mental Health Practitioner including but not limited to:
1. Provide therapeutic habilitation and rehabilitation to serious and persistent mentally ill adults in the assigned counties.
2. Facilitate productive activities for clientele.
3. Facilitate psychosocial activities, independent living skill training, social/recreational activities, crisis intervention and outreach to individual clients providing assistance.
4. Assess and report the current status of client skills, assets and deficits.
5. Provide case managers with information to incorporate client needs/goals with services.
6. Enrich lives of clients in the community.
7. Function as member of the Community Support team.
Flexible hours 20 -40 hours a week.
Post-secondary education in Human Services which may include social work, psychology, sociology, criminal justice, child and family studies, special education and human relations.
Previous experience working with individuals with Mental Illness is preferred but not required.
Fall/Spring or Summer session.
Stipended & Reimbursement:
Position open until filled
Person to Contact:
911 18th St. N
P.O. Box 2390
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Ph: 800.830.8254, ext 2559
Pack the Porches raises more than 7,000 lbs, $13,000 +
Minnesota FoodShare March Campaign
Children’s Home to transition to expanded day treatment services
Weyrens, Schulzetenberg join board
$10,000 bottle of bourbon on auction
Sign up for E-News!
Together we can make a different tomorrow